2021-2022 London insight series.
- In 2020- 2021 , as can be seen in the insight sessions in zoom in the 2020-2021 directory we pivoted successfully into easy -attend, popular, and valuable insight sessions in ‘zoom’ from May 2020 and into 2021. We were even able to manage MORE insight sessions than the usual bi- monthly face to face sessions in St James in London. We held our very first face to face lunch in St James Square in late May 2021. All slidesets for these zoom events were carried in our usual end monthly members reports
- We held our first larger members ‘sell-out’ planning lunch was held on Thursday November 2021 as we started to plan for 2022.
- On January 20th 2022 we held a small ‘honour lunch’ for the new Chairman of the Army and Navy Club, ex banker Frank Froud where we hold many of our London face to face events. We were also Joined at the lunch by Retired Para Lt Colonel Philip Neame MBE co- founder and Deputy Chairman of www.ulyssestrust.co.uk.
- We co-held a well attended ‘live’ event on the evening May 11th for T-L.com member and speaker Eliot Heilpern on ’The unforeseen consequences of Technology’
- On the evening of Wednesday 20th July we held a successful well attended national discussion in zoom moderated by T-L.com member Glen Maxwell Heron and his business partner Felix Spender on the ‘springboard opportunities’ provided by the hybrid workplace revolution, with the considerable stresses on senior management to capitalise on the benefits. The report on this event was contained in the End July 2022 members and clients newsletter.
- Tuesday September 20th 12.30 for 1.00pm A subscribing members only ‘private room lunch’ in St James Square with a top ‘honour guest’ from the top of UK Government medical planning arena. Cost was £70 inc. vat for the delicious three course ‘menu’ fixe with wine. It was held the day after the remarkable London funeral of her late Majesty, itself a holiday day. We were delighted to go ahead, as the event was unmissable. The confidential report will only be released in due course to our subscribing members. Most citizens only saw the tip of the iceberg of the remarkable achievements by those in the inner Covid management ‘core’ delivering extraordinary feats of purchasing and logistics for our 75 million or so UK citizens. Even now, in China, are having to apply complete city lockdowns to control the ‘Wuhan Virus’. Beijing cannot be popular with the millions of Chinese citizens affected by these huge lockdowns.
- On Wednesday 19th of October we revisited, with valuable T-L.com member Emeritus, Garth Shephard, as our guide, the subject of ‘Changing Climates’ .. a vital topic, which we first addressed in November 2007, 15 years ago , at Chatham House in St James Square. The recent Glasgow climate event in the Autumn of 2021 (COP26) ukcop26.org was remarkable but the target of 1.5 degrees of global warming is now an unachievable goal, the climate changes are already with us. So what is the ‘latest picture’ and how are we going to adapt? we decided to hold this session in Zoom. As with all our insight events and for more information, just contact email@example.com
- On Thursday the 1st of December. At The Army and Navy Club, St James Sq . 6-8pm. The Falklands 40th anniversary, 1982-2022. Haven’t we been here before? In aid of our chosen charity www.ulyssestrust.co.uk ‘inspiring the young leaders of tomorrow’ Cost £25 including £10 towards the Trust. Followed by members, clients and friends convivial seasonal supper. Allow £60 on the night.
- In the spring of 2023 we plan a major event in The City of London on the ‘Elephant in the Audit Room’. All markets depend on the passing of a successful professional audit.( The ‘true and fair auditor’s view’). How are mistakes like Carillion, BHS and others possible? And what do clients and auditors need to do to raise their games?
- To enquire about our insight events programme just email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 London Insight events.
- On Thursday the 24th of January we ran a very well attended event in the Nelson Room at the Army and Navy Club (the Rag) with a fascinating presentation by one of our great members Jason Sprague on what was already hitting us with ChatGPT and other remarkable manifestations of enhanced ‘search’ coming up. The speed of development here is already breath taking. But then Jason is a long way out in front on this complexity, having won our first AI project in 2022. For more detailed notes refer to our ‘end January’ and end later members end monthly newsletters.
- On Thursday April 13rd we invited member T-L.com alumnus here Scott Keyser, ‘the writing guy’, Author of two seminal business books. The first on ‘how to win tenders’ after a very successful career with the remarkable bid team of EY. The second on his ‘keys to successful writing’, where, as well as being a fine long term trainer of teams in The Economist, he has trained very many managers and professional service firms as to how to deliver writing that delivers. Remarkable though chatGPT is, it will miss with absolute certainty key aspects of ‘a proposition’, for it cannot peer into what will happen tomorrow (yet) More to be found in our members end- monthly newsletters.
- On Wednesday June 7 Again in the Nelson Room in the Army and Navy Club in St James Square. Pre booked security entry from 6.00pm. Start at 6.30pm. We have invited T-L.com member, Mike Kemball to speak on the importance of thinking differently when winning projects, and then delivering successful sales revenue rainmaking in a successful transformation project, when all too often there is an overemphasis on cost savings, or in systems development , purchasing, less headcount where what may well be needed are MORE to deal with growth or improved customer service.
- Non members £190 inc. vat. Subscribing T-L.com members £60. Booking request by simple e mail to email@example.com