2019-2020 Insight series
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries . Costs? subscribing T-Com. Members £40 inc. vat. Invited alumni and non members £90 inc. vat
- 24th January 2019 . New year Planning lunch. St James Square. £90. Guest Dame Margaret Hodge MP Chair of the Public Accounts Committee of the House of Commons and author of her very highly recommended book on the vital work of the PAC into the effectiveness of public servants. ‘ Called to Account’
- 19th March. 2019 6pm for 6.30pm to 9.00pm Army and Navy Club Library. St James Square, London. Author and MD and board advisor on effective digital strategies Michael Bayler ’The Liquid Enterprise’ ‘ How the network is transforming value.What it means for business, and what leadership needs to do about it.
- 21st May, 6-9.00pm At 180 Piccadilly. Speaker Alex Henry of www.domo.com. The MD’s dilemma. Timely, accurate data for higher quality of decision making and best service to the customer when all his or her various departmental systems actually produce infinite inaccessibility, complexity, confusion, and arrive ‘late’. This event and also January and March sold out. As always book early to avoid disappointment. Mail to email@example.com
- 7th July, 6-9.00pm. At Army and Navy Club. St James Square. Caroline Gourlay of www.carolinegourlay.co.uk. There are ‘the laws’ of Physics which are ‘predictable’. (Though Quantum Physics are ‘hard work and in progress’) . Psychology is the study of ‘free will’ and the behaviours that arise from it, which are anything but predictable. Bath based Independent Business Psychologist Caroline will explore three different forms of leadership, ‘the incompetent’, ‘the dysfunctional’ and ‘the absent’.
- 24th September. ‘Preparing for IR35 into the private sector’. Moderator and long term T-L.com member Chris Brown.
- 22nd October. How a top UK independent successful UK digital agency has adapted and prospered over the last seven years. Speaker MD Andrew Henning. www.redweb.com
- 5th December (Change of planned date from 27th November) 19TH anniversary end of year dinner. Speaker Christopher Burr. Master of Wine. www.christopherburrmw.com founder and creator of the ‘world first’ www.wotwine.com with an ever growing number of followers, guided by many thousands of blind tastings and assessments of UK supermarket wines. Any surplus from this enjoyable end year dinner will go to the outstanding 25 years ‘young’ www.ulyssestrust.co.uk with its first patron, The Prince of Wales.
- 23rd January 2020. New Year annual planning lunch and then bi monthly thereafter.
- All these bi monthly enjoyable non-profit making evening events will be at The Army and Navy Club Library in St James Square or for January 2020 lunch in The Clive Room. And then March, May 2020 etc thereafter.
- As always, all subscribing members receive at the end of every month since 2001 around a ‘12 page valuable independent summary and digest’ of what we have learned of relevance in the market for transformational leadership during the month before. For alumni and our wider network sometimes this full account is sent out, or sometimes a very short reminder of a forthcoming insight meeting. In short the best solution is to be a subscribing member at just £85 a quarter. We are always delighted to receive any feedback or fresh member insights of their own to firstname.lastname@example.org